EDS After School Sports Program
Students have the opportunity to participate in an instructional and competitive sports program at EDS Middle School. EDS Middle School will participate in the West Valley Athletic League. Both girls and boys have five sports to choose from during the school year.
Girls and Boys Cross Country (August 31 - October 14)
Girls Soccer (August 25 - October 6)
Boys Volleyball (August 25 - October 6)
Girls Basketball (October 11 - December 1)
Boys Basketball (December 6 - February 9)
Boys Soccer (February 14 - March 30)
Girls Volleyball (February 10 - March 30)
Girls and Boys Track & Field (April 4)
- All athletes must register online for every sport they participate in. Please visit the MEF Sports in Moreland site to register.
- Students must have insurance paperwork filled out and turned in before first try out/practice date. If insurance paperwork is not turned in student may not participate in try outs/practice.
- Cross Country and Track are "no cut" sports. Basketball, Soccer, and Volleyball will have try outs.
- The program takes place Mondays through Thursdays. Bus transportation to games/meets provided by Moreland School District.
- Students must maintain a minimum of a 2.0 grade point average and have satisfactory school citizenship to participate in the sports program.
- There is no participation fee for afterschool sports. If you would like to make a donation to EDS afterschool sports, go to the MEF website for information. Individual awards will be by grade level (one girl, one boy): Athlete of the Year, Individual teams MVP’s and one 8th grade girl and boy scholar-athlete.
- Questions about after school sports program contact Assistant Principal: Ms. Yorke at (408) 874-3507 or [email protected]