Chronic absenteeism can have a drastic impact on your child’s education. We don’t want your child to fall behind in school and get discouraged. Please ensure that your child attends school every day and arrives on time.
Here are a few practical tips to help support regular attendance:
- Make sure your child keeps a regular bedtime and establish a morning routine.
- Ensure your child goes to school every day unless they are truly sick.
- Avoid scheduling vacations or doctor’s appointments when school is in session.
- Talk to teachers and counselors for advice if your child feels anxious about going to school.
- Develop back up plans for getting to school if something comes up. Call on a family member, neighbor, or another parent to take your child to school if necessary.
Let us know how we can best support you and your child so that they can show up for school on time every day.
Report an absence: Call the attendance line and leave a message by 9am at (408) 874-3510 or email [email protected] any time your student will be absent for any reason. Include your name, your student's name, their teacher's name, and the reason for their absence.
Student illness: Students experiencing symptoms that include fever, vomiting, or diarrhea must stay home from school. Remember to call the attendance line to report the absence. Once your student is symptom free for 24 hours without the aid of medication, they may return to school. Please do not send your student to school with medications, including cough syrup, nasal spray, or throat drops.
Late arrivals/Early pick ups: Students must be checked in and out of the office if they are arriving after the bell, or leaving before dismissal. Please be aware of your student's schedule when planning to avoid class conflicts (PE, testing, snack/lunch periods, etc.)
Questions? Call (408) 874-3503 or email [email protected]